I have been, or can be if you click on a link and make a purchase, compensated via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value for writing this post. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
Are you worried your little one isn’t prepared for Kindergarten? It can be a scary time when you leave the preschool bubble. Going to a new school, making new friends and having to bring your own lunch, can be a challenge for your little one.
One of the best ways to prepare your child is to read to them every day. It’s a wonderful way to bond and have some quiet time. Some special books I have used to help with the Kindergarten jitters are stories of starting Kindergarten or going to school for the first time.
Check out the list of books below that have helped my kids get through the first month of school. Here’s a tip: Read them again after a day off or a holiday break.
Get the Scoop on 10 Books To Get Your Child Kindergarten Ready.
1.Why not prepare them with this fun book, Kindergarten, Here I Come. Whether it’s the first-day-of-school jitters or the hundredth-day-of-school party, the author shares every aspect of the kindergarten experience in a light and funny poem.
2. The Kissing Hand is a classic book that many teachers use the first week of preschool or Kindergarten. It’s about Chester a raccoon who would rather stay at home. We had many of those mornings, but this book will reassure your child that it will be okay.
3.llama llama misses mama is one I read to my 3rd grader after an amazing summer together. We have all of these books, but this is one that comes in handy after the first two weeks of school when the honeymoon is wearing off.
4. The Berenstain Bears Go To School is one we have had in our home library collection for years. It’s one I put on the side bed table for a going to bed book.
5. Get your little reader feeling confident with these first little readers.
6. The Bobs Book Set is great for a first time reader. Your little one will start to show off his or her skills after reading them over and over again.
7. The Night Before Kindergarten is a favorite that–‘Twas the night before kindergarten, and as they prepared, kids were excited, and a little bit scared.
8. This is a fun rhyming book that shows Miss Bindergarten Gets Ready For Kindergarten.
9. Adventure Annie Goes To Kindergarten is a fun story about a girl who learns what earning a gold star is all about and saving the day at snack time.
10. Lift Off with Planet Kindergarten! This book will boost confidence and prepare them for fun.
You have a chance to win The Little Blue Box of Bright and Early Board Books By Dr. Seuss. Just go to the comments section on this page and type in the title of your favorite Dr. Seuss book.
Disclosure: Local Mom Scoop may receive compensation if you click on affiliate links included in this post. All opinions are 100% my own.