I have been, or can be if you click on a link and make a purchase, compensated via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value for writing this post. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
Screen on the Green, featuring an appearance by Santa Claus and the annual “Present Parade”
Movies: Frozen and How the Grinch Stole Christmas
Friday, December 8 starting at 6:00 p.m.
FREE at the West Palm Beach Waterfront
- While the weather outside is delightful, not frightful, still bring your blanket for a snuggle under the stars during the City of West Palm Beach’s monthly Screen on the Green! The only thing freezing will be the City’s festive selection – “Frozen” – which will leave movie goers singing “Let it Go” instead of “Let it Snow” – an appropriate fit for South Florida. The feature film begins at 6:30 p.m. and as a special gift the City will also be showing “How the Grinch Stole Christmas,” beginning at 8:30 p.m.
- For more gifts that keeping on giving, there will also be a special appearance by Santa Claus, from 6 – 8:30 p.m.and the City’s famed “Present Parade” – where children turn into walking presents by decorating cardboard boxes with wrapping paper and ribbon. The parade starts at 8:00 p.m. and takes place around Sandi, the holiday sand tree.
- Full schedule of events:
- 6:00 p.m. – Kids’ activities and Rhythm & Hues Children’s “Present Parade” decorating stations opens. Families are encouraged to arrive earlier and kickoff the festive evening with holiday-themed activities, including by decorating a cardboard box with wrapping paper and ribbon for the annual “Present Parade.”
- 6:00 p.m. – Special Santa sightings are in store for the winter edition of Screen on the Green. Santa and Mrs. Claus will be on site from 6:00 – 8:30 p.m.
- 6:30 p.m. Frozen Movie (PG) – When their kingdom becomes trapped in perpetual winter, fearless Anna (Kristen Bell) joins forces with mountaineer Kristoff (Jonathan Groff) and his reindeer sidekick to find Anna’s sister, Snow Queen Elsa (Idina Menzel), and break her icy spell. Although their epic journey leads them to encounters with mystical trolls, a comedic snowman (Josh Gad), harsh conditions, and magic at every turn, Anna and Kristoff bravely push onward in a race to save their kingdom from winter’s cold grip.
- 8:00 p.m. – Rhythm & Hues “Present Parade” begins and goes around Sandi, the star of Holiday in Paradise.
- 8:30 p.m. Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000) Movie (PG) – In this live-action adaptation of the beloved children’s tale by Dr. Seuss, the reclusive green Grinch (Jim Carrey) decides to ruin Christmas for the cheery citizens of Whoville. Reluctantly joined by his hapless dog, Max, the Grinch comes down from his mountaintop home and sneaks into town to swipe everything holiday-related from the Whos. However, the bitter grump finds a hitch in his plans when he encounters the endearing Cindy Lou Who (Taylor Momsen).