I have been, or can be if you click on a link and make a purchase, compensated via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value for writing this post. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
As someone who had skin cancer at 21 years old, I really have to protect my skin, but also my children. There are so many sunscreens out there it’s hard to decide which one to choose.
I’ve tried many sunscreens and unfortunately many have not worked. They’ve either irritated my skin or my children’s skin or didn’t protect them from the sun. Trial and error is not a choice really as it only takes one burn to get skin cancer. I found that out the hard way.
I wanted to share the scoop on 10 sunscreens I use and have protected my children’s skin. Living in South Florida, we use these all year long. But these sunscreens are perfect for protecting your skin in the summertime as well.
Listen, I try to do my best about chemical free and so on. Here are the best sunscreens I’ve found so far. My kids’ skin is super sensitive so hopefully, this list will help you have a burn-free summer.
10 BEST SUNSCREENS FOR PROTECTING YOUR SKIN ALL SUMMER LONG
- Contains 6% Zinc Oxide for superior protection across the full UVA/UVB spectrum
- Very water resistant, protects skin in up to 4 hours of whirlpool activity
- Designed for daily, full-body protection for the most active of people
- Bottle changes colors in the presence of harmful UV rays, reminding you to cover up
- Dermatologist recommended formula
- Protect your baby’s skin with SPF 30+ broad spectrum UVA/UVB coverage.
- BPA-free, 5.0 oz Smart Bottle turns pink in the presence of harmful UV rays. The deeper pink the bottle becomes, the more UV rays are present. This visual reminder helps you know when it’s time to reapply.
- Made with high-quality, chemical-free, paraben-free, and fragrance-free ingredients.
- Broad Spectrum UVA/UVB Sun Protection with 10% Zinc Oxide and 5% Titanium Dioxide
- Paraben-Free, Fragrance-Free and Chemical Free
- Gentle for sensitive skin
- Dermatologist recommended
- Smart bottle technology turns blue when harmful UVA rays are present
- This is the perfect combo for the little ones on those hot summer days.
- Baby Sunscreen SPF 30+ has certified Organic base of Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Beeswax, Jojoba & Cocoa Butter is ultra-moisturizing and soothing.
- Our Baby Sunscreen has the mild scent of Chamomile and Calendula, and can be used by the whole family!
- Water Resistant for 40 minutes; biodegradable.
- Pediatrician tested & approved safe for little ones.
- First sunscreen to pass Whole Foods Premium Care requirements
- Mineral-based sunscreen, free of biologically harmful chemicals, no avobenzone, oxybenzone, or UV chemical absorbers
- Non-nano zinc oxide formulation. Non-oily and applies easily
- Member of Safe Cosmetics Compact and Sun Safety Coalition
- More awards than any other sun care line, including Allure’s “Best of”
- First Sunscreen to pass Whole Foods Premium Care Requirements
- Top Rated by EWG with a “1” rating in 2010, 2011, and 2012, 2013 – Baby, Beach and Sport
- Highest SPF 50+ (per FDA 2012 Rules – any sunscreens boasting higher are falsely marketing)
- Highest level of water resistance (80 minutes) (per FDA 2012 Rules)
- Free of biologically harmful chemicals. No Avobenzone, Oxybenzone, or UV Chemical absorbers.
Anthelios Dermo Kids SPF 60 Sunscreen with Antioxidants and Vitamin E is a gentle sunblock for children age 3-12 and provides advanced broad protection SPF 60.
- Pediatrician tested
- Water resistant (80 minutes)
- Formulated with exclusive Cell-OX Shield technology: UVA/UVB filters + Antioxidants
- Broad Spectrum SPF 60 protection
- Water Resistant (80 minutes)
- Velvety texture, easy to apply
- Tested on sensitive skin
- Dermatologist tested
GO TO THE LOCAL MOM SCOOP STORE FOR ALL OF THESE ITEMS AND MORE