I have been, or can be if you click on a link and make a purchase, compensated via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value for writing this post. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
I’ve just spent 8 days in Little Compton, Rhode Island with my kids and most of those days have been going to the beach.
It’s a small sleepy little town with a secluded beach that everyone now knows about.
So, you better buy a beach pass, get there early, claim your spot, make sure you have enough room to move back when the tide is high and you better have lots and lots of snacks.
It’s been days of boogie boarding, lunch making, drip castle contests, body surfing, and rock collecting.
I wouldn’t change it for anything. It’s what I remember as a kid visiting my grandmother and I’ve had a fantastic time and made memories that I know my kids will be talking about for years.
10 Things I Dream Would Happen At The Beach But Don’t!
However, on that 8th day at the beach, I may have been a little cranky. Someone stubbed their toe on a rock and was crying, someone was cold, someone needed a snack every 5 minutes and there was constant fighting going on.
So, I went into a zone like state for about 10 seconds and started to dream about things that happen at the beach, but don’t.
Get the Local Mom Scoop on 10 things I dream would happen at the beach…but don’t!
1. Read 1 page of my latest People Style Magazine and retain 1 fashion trend without being interrupted 20 times.
2. Refrain from an immediate potty trip after just unpacking everything.
3. Eat my lunch without having to share it.
4. Feed my kids off the hot dog/ice cream cart all day and not feel guilty.
5. Take a nap.
6. Find someone else to pack everything up.
7. Take an outside shower by myself after the beach.
8. Get a fab tan. (I burn!)
9. Drink a few tasty beverages.
10. Wear my bikini without caring about my love handles.
What’s Your Perfect Beach Day? Share Your Scoop Below