Are you tired of these South Florida summer temps? I know I am! With the heat index creeping up to 101 some days, staying inside your home and hibernating is the only thing keeping your family happy. It’s not until you open up your energy bill at the end of the month to see how much you owe. Then you might lose your cool. It can be shocking to see how much energy you are using during the summer months. What if you could find a way to lower your bill and make your home more energy efficient?
How can you make that happen? Well, when I heard FPL had resources to help you keep your energy bill low, I had to share the scoop.
Get the scoop on 5 Hot Energy Efficiency Tips To Keep You Cool During The South Florida Summer Months.
The mobile app is a great way to monitor your usage. It can help you take control of your energy usage and bill from your smartphone.
Check out these amazing features:
- Monitor your energy usage – Compare your energy usage across three months or a full year, including average temperature data, so you see how weather impacts your bill
- View your projected bill – Understand what your bill is projected to be, so you can take steps to help lower it before it arrives
- Check your account summary – View and edit your profile information and communication preferences, so you receive information on what matters most to you
- Track the length of your billing cycle – See where you are in your billing cycle: it can range from 28 to 35 days, which can affect your bill amount
- Pay your bill quickly and securely – Make a payment in a few taps, or adjust the date of an upcoming payment if you need to
- Report an outage – Check your power status and, if necessary, submit an outage report so FPL can work to get your lights back on safely and as quickly as possible
- Stay informed with alerts – Receive important information about storms and bill pay reminders
The app is available for download in the iOS and Android app stores. Learn more at: FPL.com/easytosave.
Want to see how you can save? Take the Online Home Energy Survey and get a free personalized energy-savings plan with expert tips, recommendations, and an estimated breakdown of how much you’re spending on appliances, cooling, and heating.
3. A/C Rebate
If you qualif, you can earn a $150 rebate when purchasing a new, more efficient air conditioning unit. To see if you qualify, click here.
Do you know what type of insulation you have in your home? Don’t worry because the Energy Experts at FPL can come to your house to do a Free Energy Home Survey. If you qualify, you can earn a rebate of up to $190 for adding recommended levels of ceiling insulation. That’s good stuff!!
5. Smart Thermostat –GIVEAWAY
Adulting isn’t fun, but when you see the benefits of a smart thermostat. Your mind might be a little blown and you’ll wish you had purchased one sooner.
Get the scoop on why you need this in your home:
- Energy savings of about $50 a year. FPL tested both simple and sophisticated smart thermostats in South Florida single-family homes and found the A/C savings for both to be the same. In South Florida, all the savings measured came from reduced cooling. Homes saved on average, 450 kWh per year or about $50. If you live in an area that uses heating, you might save more.
- Control your home’s A/C from your smartphone.
- Peace of mind. The ability to remotely monitor your homes’ A/C means you can know what’s going on at home from anywhere, anytime. This can be a great benefit for parents, frequent travelers and those who own a seasonal home.
Enter our giveaway to win an ecobee3 lite smart thermostat.
-Giveaway is limited to FPL customers only.
-Must be 18 years are older.
-Void where prohibited.
-Winner will be contacted by Local Mom Scoop via email.
Disclaimer: There may be affiliate links in this post. If you click, I may get a small percentage which helps me share all the local mom scoop.
Sponsored Post: I received compensation in exchange for writing this review. Although this post is sponsored, all opinions are my own.