My kids beg me to buy bananas, but every time I do, no one eats them all. I’m always left with ripe bananas and no one wants to eat those. I decided I needed a go to recipe for these ripe bananas that my kids would love. The girls and I love chocolate and bananas, so why not combine the two in a recipe. Here is an easy recipe you and your kids can do together. It was super fun to make!
- 1 stick butter (room temp)
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cup flour (sifted)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a large bowl cream butter and sugar. Then mix in eggs, vanilla and sour cream.
- In a separate bowl add sifted flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt and whisk together.
- Slowly add to butter/sugar mixture and stir until combined.
- Fold in bananas and chocolate chips.
- Pour into 2 large loaf pans or 4 small loaf pans. You can also make 24 muffins.
- Bake for 1 hour in a loaf pan, 35-45 minutes in a small loaf pan or 25 min in a muffin pan. The bread should be lightly brown on top. Make sure it comes clean with a knife.
- Remove bread from the pan and place on a cooling rack.