Spring forward or fall back? When March rolls in, I always have to remind myself how much Daylight Savings affects my family.
I can never remember if we gain an hour or lose an hour.
Oh right! WE LOSE AN HOUR!
Here are 8 things Daylight Savings does to our family.
1. You’ll be waking up in the dark, but the payoff is that you can enjoy actually enjoy the day until 8:00 PM.
2. Kids can play outside after dinner. Burn it off baby!
3. Your cookout can last longer without being attacked by mosquitos.
4. Losing an hour of sleep Saturday night stinks, especially if you’re on a date night. (Losing sleep is a nightly ritual in my house anyway, so I won’t feel the difference.)
5. The day seems so longer. When does happy hour start now? 4:00 PM?
6. You were like a farmer before. You knew were screwed if the sun was setting and you haven’t fed the kids. Now you have no idea what time it is.
7. Kids don’t want to go to bed because it’s still light out. Sigh!
8. It seems to take two weeks to get your body clock and your kids adjusted. Can you say Melatonin?
Don’t forget to set your clocks ahead 1 hour this weekend and get ready for the whining to begin.
HOW DOES DAYLIGHT SAVINGS AFFECT YOUR FAMILY? SHARE IN THE COMMENTS BELOW.