But when I test drove a Ford F-150 for a week, I’ve never felt more empowered, trendy and happy on the road in this gorgeous truck.
Driving the F-150 included a busy week of sitting in carline, after-school activities, local mom scoop appointments, covering Delray Fashion Week and squeezing in a trip to the beach. The F-150 was the perfect vehicle to get me and my family where we needed to go when it comes to family, fashion, and fun.
Here are 3 reasons why the Ford F-150 equals family, fashion and fun.
1. For my family, it’s all about safety. I was so impressed with the F-150 and its 5-Star overall crash test rating from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration.
Safety is so important when you’re driving the family around town these days. Everyone is texting while driving or in a hurry, so it’s a relief knowing the safety belts keep passengers in a more secure spot early in the event of a crash because of the safety belt pretensiors. My kids still sit in car seats, so all of the necessary latches and hooks were available as well. (not shown)
The local kid scoop on the F-150 is the roominess which allowed everyone enough space to keep their hands to themselves.
You can check out more of the safety scoop below on the F-150.
• Safety starts with the frame’s high-strength steel. A fully boxed frame features eight crossmembers (five through-welded) made of up to 78 percent high-strength steel (up from 23 percent in the previous generation)
• Features an advanced restraint system with dual-stage airbags, Curve Control to help you maintain control when navigating a curve too quickly and available inflatable rear safety belts in SuperCrew® models – a segment-first innovation
• Standard AdvanceTrac® with RSC® (Roll Stability Control™)
• Standard trailer sway control
• Available inflatable rear outboard safety belts available in four-door SuperCrew (compatible with child-safety seats) – a segment-first feature
2. When your shopping for fashion items, you want them to fit your body, but also make you look and feel fabulous while wearing it.
When it comes to fashion and the F-150, it does just that. The exterior has a sleek body made of a high strength, military grade, aluminum alloy which makes it stronger and more efficient than ever. The silver color on my truck made all my fashions coordinate. Who knew?
The 170-degree swing-out rear doors on the SuperCab allows for easier entry and exit, loading and unloading whether you’re wearing sweatpants or a sequin dress. You’ll feel super comfortable in the SuperCab!
For the interior, there is almost twice the storage space in the front row. Vehicles equipped with the available center console allow you to throw in a lip gloss, a deodorant (I sometimes forget to apply) and some sunscreen along with all the hand wipes and sippy cups.
3. With my hectic schedule, I try to incorporate as much fun as I can. Trips to the beach or heading to an outdoor yoga class allows me as a mom to recharge with or without my family. The F-150 I have to say…is a lot of fun.
The F-150 allows you to haul lots of stuff like beach chairs and coolers for that perfect beach day, bikes and scooters to tour local parks, and grills and game day items for tail gaiting.
Ford has designed the F-150 to maximize not only workspace convenience, but fun space as well.
Here’s more in-depth scoop on how:
• Class-exclusive BoxLink™* – configurable universal pickup box interface system secures a wide variety of available Ford and aftermarket accessories such as stowable loading ramps, aftermarket storage bins, dividers and many others including E-Track™
• LED Box Lights* – work at night or under a tonneau cover
• Stowable Loading Ramps* – easily load items such as ATVs, motorcycles, and mowers; can be spaced along the tailgate to suit the item being loaded
• Class-exclusive** Integrated Tailgate Step with Lift Assist* – fully integrated inside the tailgate
• Class-exclusive** Remote Tailgate Release* – release and lower the tailgate with the key fob; lock or unlock the tailgate with the key fob or inside door switch
• Deployable Box Side Steps* – available on all cab configurations including the four-door SuperCrew® with 5.5-ft. pickup box
It also has the capability of Siruis XM Radio and Navigation for those afternoon sing-alongs or location assistance to get you to those weekend birthday parties.
The Sync 3 system is so much fun. It allows you to talk and have a conversation with your car.
Tell me what equals Family, Fashion, and Fun to you!
Share your scoop in the comments below
Sponsored: Ford Motor Company gave Local Mom Scoop an F-150 for a week to test drive. All opinions are 100% my own.
JOIN ME WEEKDAYS FOR CARLINE CONVERSATIONS
We will laugh, maybe cry and discuss the Local Mom Scoop!
ABOUT FORD MOTOR COMPANY
Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six continents. With about 197,000 employees and 67 plants worldwide, the company’s automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln. The company provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. For more information regarding Ford and its products worldwide, please visitwww.corporate.ford.com.