Want to know fun games for kids when stuck inside?
A rainy day can put a damper (no pun intended) on a planned day out. Plus the South Florida heat lingers longer than we want, so sometimes we are stuck inside your house.
It’s hard to keep kids entertained these days when they take that technology break. I’ve got a few games that are sure to shift their brains from technology thinking for them to an actual tangible game that will have them thinking for themselves.
GAMES FOR KIDS WHEN STUCK INSIDE
MY FIRST RUSH HOUR
Think Fun My First Rush Hour STEM Toy and Brain Game for Boys and Girls
For over 20 years, Rush Hour has been ThinkFun’s top-selling logic game. Children as young as 3 years old can begin to experience the joy of problem-solving.
It helps children develop critical skills. Teaches and reinforces learning matching, colors, and shapes, and introduces logic concepts.
- 30 challenge cards and solutions
- 1 red hero car
- 6 vehicles
- 1 safety officer
- 1 parking lot game grid.
What your kids will learn:
Parents and toddlers can enjoy a fun family game experience while developing critical thinking skills.
Age 3 and Up – A Match and Go Maze Game
Minecraft Magnetic Travel Puzzle
ThinkFun Minecraft Magnetic Travel Puzzle Logic Game & STEM Toy for
My kids are hardcore Minecraft fans and play Minecraft games with friends daily. But what about taking Minecraft off the screen and onto a tangible game you can hold.
In this game for kids when stuck inside, the ender dragon is trying to prevent you from traveling through worlds of Minecraft by placing 40 increasingly difficult challenges in your path.
Solve challenges and advance on your journey using your most powerful weapon – your brain.
- Minecraft magnetic travel puzzle includes 9 magnetic Minecraft items
- Instruction manual
- Challenge booklet containing 40 beginner to expert challenges and solutions.
What your kids will learn:
- Develops critical skills – learn logical reasoning and deduction skills through fun gameplay.
- Comes with multi-level challenges – Minecraft magnetic travel puzzle comes with 40 beginner to expert challenges that become increasingly difficult as you play through them
- Fun Minecraft theme – in this puzzle, the ender Dragon is trying to prevent you from travelling through the worlds of Minecraft – solve the challenges and win!
Kids Ages 8 & Up
ThinkFun Dog Crimes Logic Game and Brainteaser for Boys and Girls
A great game for kids when stuck inside the house is this fun game called Dog Crimes.
- What you get – includes
- game board
- 6 dog tokens
- 6 crime tokens
- 40 challenges and solutions
What Your Kids Will Learn:
- Develops critical skills – Gameplay provides a stealth learning experience, where players learn critical reasoning and logical deduction skills as they solve the increasingly difficult challenges.
- Comes with multi-level challenges – Dog Crimes comes with 40 beginner to expert challenges that become increasingly difficult as you play through them.
- Familiar gameplay – Dog Crimes features a familiar puzzle style where players have to use sequential reasoning to determine the final order and placement of the dogs around the game board.
Age 8 and Up
Disclaimer: Local Mom Scoop was given these games to try out. All opinions are 100% my own. There are also affiliate links in this post. If you click and buy, localmomscoop.com gets a small percentage of the sales.