Are you wondering how to get your kids to read more?
It used to be a struggle for our kids. Since they use so much technology at school, I needed to find a way to excite them about reading. Since we’ve had our Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, it’s motivated my kids to read and discover some real favorites.
We just took our Fire HD 8 Kids Edition on a trip to Orlando and we discovered the Audible books were really popular since my daughter can’t read in the car. Junie B. Jones became a favorite for both my girls and made the car trip seem to go by so quickly.
Some of our new family favorite books and Audible books available in Amazon FreeTime Unlimited are:
Niko Draws A Feeling
Sadie Seed Adventures
The Boxcar Children
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone
The Little Prince
Favorite Audible Books
Grandpa Grouchy Pants
Simon The Snowball
Junie B. Junes And A Little Monkey Business
Amazon FreeTime Unlimited
With Amazon FreeTime, you can choose
My kids can seamlessly switch between books, movies, TV shows, educational apps, and games in a simple, fun, and safe environment designed specifically for them. This gives me such a peace of mind.
Once parents sign-up for Amazon FreeTime Unlimited, the same subscription can be used on any compatible device including Fire tablets, Fire Kids Edition tablets, compatible Android and iOS phones and tablets, and compatible Echo devices, including Echo Dot for Kids. The FreeTime Unlimited content experience will vary based on device.
USING THE PARENT DASHBOARD
I’m sure you’re wondering how can I keep my kids from venturing onto some of the fun educational apps featured on our Fire HD 8 Kids Edition. That’s why I use the FreeTime parental controls which come in handy. It allows me to set parental controls for my kids.
You can use the Parent Dashboard to monitor your child’s activity, including how much time their kids have spent reading each day, as well as which books they’re reading/listening to. This was part of our 5 family goals to set for the best year yet.
Set-up Learn First settings to encourage your kids to learn before play. These can be set up in the FreeTime settings on your child’s tablet, or remotely via Parent Dashboard.
Parents don’t have to have a Fire Kids Edition tablet in order to access Amazon FreeTime Unlimited. The FreeTime Unlimited app is also available for download on iOS and Android. The FreeTime Unlimited content experience will vary based on device.
Parental Controls (In the FreeTime settings)
Using the Parental Control settings in FreeTime, parents can manage settings such as setting time limits, adjusting age filters, enabling/disabling web browser access, and allowing in-app purchasing.
Here are some of the Parental Control options:
- Weekday and weekend settings—parents can set time limits by weekdays and weekends.
- Bedtime—parents can control when FreeTime shuts down for the day and turns back on the next morning.
- Learn First—parents can set daily goals for educational content, and block access to entertainment content until after educational goals are met each day.
- Screen time by category—parents can restrict certain categories, such as apps and
games,while leaving unlimited time for reading.
- Total screen time—parents can choose a set amount of total screen time per day, after which the tablet will shut down for the day.
- Age filters—parents can adjust settings to tailor the FreeTime experience for each child and ensure the content their kids are viewing is age-appropriate for them.
- Add or remove content—parents can add titles from their own content library into FreeTime, or choose to remove unwanted FreeTime Unlimited content.
- Enable the web browser—parents can choose to enable or disable the kid-friendly web browser within
FreeTime,and can add access to more websites,if they choose.
Now you can have a chance for your kids to enjoy reading with this amazing product.
Enter to win one (1) of ten (10) Fire HD 8 Kids Edition Tablets!
It’s National Reading Month!!! Here is another way to challenge your kids to participate in National Reading Month by completing a social activation in the AET and those who pledge their participation will be entered in to win!Amazon Fire Kids Edition Sweepstakes
I-C will randomly select winners from all program entries and Amazon will facilitate fulfillment of the winning prizes of 10 Winners.
Amazon Kids and Family on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/amazonkidsandfamily/
Amazon Kids and Family on I
Amazon on Twitter: https://twitter.com/amazon