Do you have a confident kid? Can your child make decisions on their own using logic or reasoning?
Building confidence in kids these days is one of the most important things I feel you can do as parent. I want my girls to feel like they have the power to make good decisions. When they think through their problems, they will be able to solve them.
Wouldn’t it be great if there were an enrichment program that did this? IMACS Math Enrichment Program is the answer. This program is unlike any class your child has ever experienced.
Students not only have fun in the classroom, but also develop critical reasoning skills. This will assist them logical reasoning processes which are required to solve advanced math problems. IMACS teaches critical thinking and creative reasoning in the context of games, stories and logic puzzles. Students in grades 1-6 are placed in this program based on their ability.
IMACS brings the best out of your child.
I was excited for my girls to experience a Free Placement Class. During the Placement Class, my girls had the opportunity to meet IMACS instructor, Terry Kaufman, whose father started the IMACS program over 20 years ago.
Kids who attended were ages 5 to 12 years old. The class allowed the instructor to evaluate each child and recommend an appropriate starting point within the IMACS program. It was amazing to see how the class (mostly girls) were timid at first. By the end of the class, every child was raising their hand and coming forward to the board to help solve the puzzle or game they were playing.
Both my girls really enjoyed the class. I could see how their minds had been opened up to something new. I could see how confident they had become and how good they felt about themselves the rest of the day.
Sign ME UP!!! My 8 year old said.
What Will My Child Learn?
1.Your child will develop advanced problem-solving skills in an interactive environment full of fun games, stories and puzzles
2.Many visuals are used to explain the concepts, which makes it fun.
3. Children will understand advanced concepts about numbers, sets, relations and functions that are usually brushed over in traditional – and even gifted – math classes in school.
Get the scoop on the five levels of Math Enrichment which vary in sophistication all have the following in common:
- meticulously-designed games, stories and puzzles
- emphasis on logical thinking
- abstract reasoning
- mental arithmetic
- understanding of mathematical tools
- use of visual and physical devices to teach advanced concepts in creative ways.
IMACS does not tutor students!!!!
IMACS students learn genuine reasoning skills, allowing them to achieve success in their academic and professional careers in a way that most of their peers will not.
Is the IMACS Program right for my child?
I think the only way to know for sure is to have your child experience one of the Free one-hour Placement Classes to see. The class allows you and your child to see what an IMACS class is all about. After observing, I wished I’d had this when I was growing up.
Here are 4 more reason why the program is right for your child:
1.Perfect for students who desperately need a challenge worthy of their ability as well as for those who have untapped academic skills just waiting to surface.
2. Helps a wide variety of students because students are grouped by ability, not by age. This means your child will never be held back from reaching his or her potential.
3. Not only does the program provide a deep understanding of advanced math concepts, but it also helps students develop the ability to solve non-routine problems of all kinds.
4. Success Stories talk about kids who were accepted to Ivy League universities and have careers at major tech companies. They can now problem-solve not only with mathematics and computer science, but also when financing a house or a car, and improve everyday executive functioning skills.
[ctt template=”4″ link=”dUNq0″ via=”yes” ]IMACS gives children a unique opportunity: To learn to think as many of the brightest minds do – with the precision of a scientist or a doctor and the creativity of a novelist or a composer – and apply that skill to wherever their interests lie. @localmomscoop[/ctt]
SIGN UP FOR A FREE PLACEMENT CLASS
To see first-hand how beneficial the IMACS Math Enrichment Program can be for your child, sign up for a one-hour Placement Class where you will witness your child’s first experience with the IMACS curriculum. IMACS offers Placement Classes at its locations in Delray Beach, Boca Raton, Weston, Plantation and Fort Lauderdale.
Upcoming Placement Classes in Delray Beach and Boca Raton during the month of August:
Delray Beach at 6200 Linton Blvd.
8/25 at 4:15pm
8/29 at 4:15pm
Boca Raton at 23172 Sandalfoot Plaza Dr.
8/18 at 4:30pm
8/22 at 4:30pm
8/27 at 1:00pm
RSVP by calling 561-470-1178 or register online at www.imacs.org.
GET MORE SCOOP ON THIS VIDEO BELOW
What Would Help Build Your Child’s Confidence? Share Your Scoop Below