I’m excited to announce that Local Mom Scoop, for the 3rd year in a row, will be a judge for The Fourth Annual Cheribundi Tart Cherry Boca Raton Bowl Great Chefs Tailgate Showcase & College Spirit Night.
The fourth annual Cheribundi Tart Cherry Boca Raton Bowl Great Chefs Tailgate Showcase & College Football Spirit Night will be held on Wednesday, November 14 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel.
The area’s top restaurant, country club, hotel, cooking school, and celebrity chefs and mixologists will once again ‘bring on’ their culinary and cocktail A-game to rally Bowl fans and raise funds to support Spirit of Giving’s annual year-end holiday gift drive. And I get to taste them all and you can too!
Along with this amazing event to kick-off the Boca Raton Bowl will raise funds to support Spirit of Giving’s annual year-end holiday gift drive.
THE LATEST SOUTH FLORIDA SCOOP
NEW THIS YEAR
New this year to the roster is the Boca Bowl Beer Garden. The new Bowl Beer Garden room will be filled with
ABOUT THE EVENT
The competition will aim to please event-goers with their signature twists on tailgate classics ranging from sides and entrees to beverages and desserts.
Each chef will present their culinary creation to a panel of expert foodie media, personalities, and bloggers while guests as well get to cast their own votes for the “People’s Choice” designation.
PANEL OF JUDGES
This year’s panel of judges who will cast their votes on more than 25 tailgate originals. From food, cocktails, and brews, these are the judges who get to partake in the fun:
- Michael Mayo, Sun Sentinel
- Jan Norris, JanNorris.com
- Justin Tompkins, My South Florida Today
- Heather McMechan, Local Mom Scoop
- Deby Goldfarb, Stepping Out Florida
CHEF’S FROM THE SOUTH FLORIDA AREA
You’ll meet local chefs from some of your favorite local eateries and drinking establishments. Here’s the scoop on the list.
- Boca Raton Resort & Club
- Blue Fire Grille at Palm Beach Gardens Marriott
- Ceasar’s Famous Ribs
- Chartwells at Florida Atlantic University
- Harvest Seasonal Grill & Wine Bar
- Hijinks Sports Grill
- Los Bocados
- E.A.T. Eatery & Tap Room
- Oceans 234
- Publix Aprons Cooking School
- Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel
- Seasons 52
- The Locale
- The Loch Bar
- The Melting Pot
- Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery
- True Food Kitchen
- Tucker Duke’s
- Spirits: Citrus Distillers, LLC
*subject to change
MIXING AND MINGLING
While indulging in the broad range of showcase tastings, attendees will get to mix and mingle with other fellow college football fans and community partners, along with ESPN on-air personalities who will be on site and broadcasting live. There will be an extensive silent auction and several ‘chance to win’ opportunities as well.
TICKETS ON SALE
Tickets to the 2018 Cheribundi Tart Cherry Boca Raton Bowl Great Chefs Tailgate Showcase are $50 per person in advance and $60 at the door.
Price includes all chef and restaurant tastings, entertainment, and beer, wine and soft drinks.
To purchase tickets, visit Spirit of Giving at www.spiritofgivingnetwork.org or call 561-385-0144.
ABOUT THE BOCA RATON BOWL
The Boca Raton Bowl is one of 41 postseason college bowl games in the country and the only one hosted in Palm Beach County. The Cheribundi Tart Cherry Boca Raton Bowl is a high-energy, entertaining experience for both college football fans and non-fans alike and allows the national spotlight to shine on Boca Raton and Palm Beach County.
This year, the fifth annual bowl game will have primary tie-ins for teams from Conference USA and the American Athletic Conference with the Mid-American Athletic Conference having a secondary tie-in. The team from Conference USA will make its headquarters at the Boca Raton Resort & Club and the American Athletic Conference team will be at the PGA National Resort & Spa in Palm Beach Gardens.
This bowl game first ‘touched down’ in 2014 and has since aired live annually on ESPN throughout the U.S., as well as on international affiliates in South America, the Caribbean, Australia and Europe as well as on ESPN Radio. As one of 14 bowl games owned and operated by ESPN Events, a division of ESPN, this year’s bowl game is once again held on the Tuesday before Christmas.
The event has become a celebrated annual holiday tradition in Boca Raton and Palm Beach County as it lives up to its other name, ‘Boca’s Biggest Annual Outdoor Party’.” Bowl week activities will begin with the arrival of the participating teams on Friday,
Dec. 14. Days, times and sites for the team welcome parties, beach parties, luncheon, pep rallies and other bowl week activities will be released at a later date. For more info, visit www.CheribundiBocaRatonBowl.com.
Cheribundi Tart Cherry Boca Raton Bowl Publishes “Top Chefs” Online Tailgate-Inspired Cookbook
As excitement ramps up for 2018 college and pro football season with all the spirited camaraderie of stadium tailgating,
the 2018 Cheribundi Tart Cherry Boca Raton Bowl has served up the perfect “go-to” online cookbook of fan-tastic tailgate-inspired recipes.
Debuted September 5 a www.CheribundiBocaRatonBowl.
The collection of 25 signature recipe entries were originated by a roster of 20 of the area’s top chefs and mixologists who presented their creative cookery for the Bowl’s fourth annual Great Chefs Tailgate Showcase & College Football Spirit Night.
Each tailgate dish and cocktail was recognized for its unique “take on tailgate” by a panel of judges. along with event guests (People’s Choice) and the Community Captains Committee during the friendly competition.
The judges included:
Local Mom Scoop blogger Heather McMechan
The South Florida Sage blogger Holli Lapes
My South Florida Today, blogger Justin Tompkins
Stepping Out Florida, blogger Deby Goldfarb
Food & Florida and JanNorris.com blogger Jan Norris
Separated by categories, the featured cookbook recipes include:
● Best Dipper: Boston Lager Cheddar Cheese Fondue with Homemade Pretzel Bread The Melting Pot
● The Hottest: Buttermilk Baked Chicken Wings
Harvest Seasonal Grill & Wine Bar, Executive Chef William Ring
● Best in Bowl: Fire Roasted Salsa & Avocado Crema
Los Bocados, Chef Robby Bushman
● Best Comfort Food: Home-style Meatballs smothered in marinara sauce, provolone and parmigiana Reggiano cheeses
Tilted Kilt Pub & Eatery, Chef Robert Thompson
● Best Dish to Eat with a Beer: Chorizo Sliders with Chimichurri Aioli on a Brioche Bun
M.E.A.T. Eatery & Taproom, Chef George Patti
● Best Traditional Tailgate Fare: FAU Signature Talon Slider
Chartwells at Florida Atlantic University, Campus Executive Chef Shane Lynch
● Most Sophisticated Tailgate Fare: Filet Mignon Sandwiches
Morton’s The Steakhouse
● Best in Beef: Guinness Braised Short Rib Sliders
Palm Beach Gardens Marriott, Chef Mike Jimenez
● Best Seafood Slider: Lobster Sliders
Hijinks Sports Grill, Chef Frank Petillo
● Best Seasonal Savory: Mini Turkey Burger Sliders with Fresh Cranberry Relish & Sprouts
Private Chefs Services, Chef Michael George
● Worth the Wait: Pork that Packs a Punch: 24-Hour Marinated Mojo Cuban Pork with Smokin’ Black Beans and Boca Slaw
Boca Raton Resort & Club, Chef Scott Manocchio
● Most Creative: BBQ Pork Monkey Bread with Pickled Jalapeno, Spiced Maple Syrup
Tucker Duke’s, Chef/Owner Brian Cartenuto
● Worth the Extra Napkins: Ceasar’s Famous Ribs
Ceasar’s Famous Ribs, Chef Bill Ceasar
● Crowd Pleaser: Chicken and Chorizo Paella
La Paella Chef, Chef Dana Bass
● Best Seafood: Grilled Octopus and Chorizo
Oceans 234, Executive Chef William Middleton
● The Perfect Poke, Voted “People’s Choice”: SeaGrille Tuna Poke
Boca Raton Resort & Club, Chef Scott Manocchi
● Best “Cocktail” Shrimp: Lime Whiskey Shrimp Made With
“Protect the Revenue” Lime Whiskey Citrus Distillers, LLC
● Best “Out of Shell” Dish: Signature Crab Cake
Via Mizner Golf & City Club , Chef James Boukhalfa
● Best Seasonal Sweet: Gingersnap Cookie (featured in Pumpkin Pie Mini Indulgence)
Seasons 52, Chef Scott Algeria
● Best DIY Dessert: Happylicious Blitz Balls
Happylicious by Betsy, Betsy Cohen
● Best Scoop: Homemade Praline Pecan Ice Cream
Renaissance Boca Raton Hotel, Executive Chef Bob Hester
● Most Cheri-licious: The Cheri-Bomb
Cherbundi Tart Cherry
● Most Tart & Tasty: Tart Cherry Moscow Mule
● Most Spirited: Revenue Mule made with international award-winning “Protect the Revenue” Lime Whiskey
Citrus Distillers, LLC
● Best Pie-in-a-Glass: Pecan Pie Cocktail made with international award-winning “Protect the Revenue” Pecan Whiskey Citrus Distillers, LLC