I learned to How To Make Irish Coffee when I was visiting my husband’s relatives on my first trip to Ireland. The key ingredient is Irish Whiskey, but the secret is whipping your own cream!
What You Need
6 ounces of hot, fresh brewed coffee
1 teaspoon sugar
1 1/2 ounces Irish whiskey
Heavy cream, freshly whipped
Heatproof glass or mug
1. Pour hot water into your mug or glass to take the chill off. Then pour out the water. This will also prevent your glass from cracking.
2. Fill your glass about three-quarters high with the coffee.
3. Add sugar.
4. Stir until it is fully dissolved.
5. Add Irish whiskey. (Add a 1/2 ounce of Baileys for a sweeter taste and 1/2 ounce of Irish Whiskey)
6. Top with freshly whipped cream. (Note: Whip cream with a whisk in a bowl until you see peaks)