Living in Florida most of my life, I can’t believe I’d never stayed at the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point in Bonita Springs, Florida.
It’s a beautiful resort perfect for a Florida family staycation or vacation. But with the new normal, there were a few details I wasn’t expecting.
It seems they are taking as many precautions as they can, but it’s really up to you.
After so many comments on my Instagram and DM’s, I said I would share the scoop about the Hyatt Regency Coconut Point in case you are planning a trip.
Signage is posted everywhere reminding you of social distancing and wearing face masks. Hand Sanitizer is available at many locations usually after opening a door.
The staff was very courteous and attentive as they worked with a limited staff.
What To Expect When Staying At The Hyatt Regency Coconut Point
We stayed in a King Bed Partial Bay View Balcony with Sofabed. It accommodates up to two adults and 2 children. I picked the King Bed because most hotel Queen beds are more like a regular and with my husband being 6 ft. tall it makes for better night sleep.
- A full balcony with sitting chairs. (Be careful when calling if you are talking to a national Hyatt Representative. They booked us a balcony thinking it was a balcony. Every room has a balcony but some rooms have just a step off balcony with no furniture. They were gracious enough to upgrade our room and it was worth it.
- Wi-Fi Internet Access
- 65” HDTV with Streaming Capability
- In-Room Laptop Size electronic safe
- Large Make-up mirror with light
- In-room Coffee Maker with complimentary coffee and tea. (Wish I had known it was a Keurig and I would have bought my own Dunkin Donuts)
- Mini Fridge with two complimentary bottles of water
- Ceiling Fan (BONUS!)
My husband brought an inflatable mattress because my youngest is a mover and a shaker in the middle of the night.
Make sure and ask about housekeeping services. There was no turn down or housekeeping services available unless upon request because of being short-staffed.
At check-in, I would ask for an extra garbage bag or can and extra ice bucket liners.
You could probably put your can in the hallway as we did with some takeout garbage and it was taken.