My kids cannot get enough of this recipe. I serve it as a meal or as a side dish for special occasions.
1. Steam Broccoli in a pan
2. Cook macaroni according to the package directions. Drain.
3. In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour to make a roux. Add Hood Calorie Countdown to roux slowly, stirring constantly. Stir in cheeses. As sauce starts to thicken, take off burner and stir. Stir until cheese is melted and the sauce is a little thick. Add 2 teaspoons of salt.
4. Put macaroni in large casserole dish. Pour sauce over it. Stir in cup of broccoli.
5. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add breadcrumbs and brown. Sprinkle over macaroni and cheese to cover. Sprinkle with a little paprika.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.